The Best Gluten Free Bread Flour


My sister started me buying this flour about a year ago. I had tried several homemade flour blends trying to achieve an easy sandwich bread for my son. For two years I kept trying to perfect a bread machine gluten free bread, but they never quite achieved the height I thought it should and they were too dense. 

The bread flour for this company did say you can use it in a bread machine, but it never turned out like I felt it should: it didn't rise enough and again too dense. Then I bought some wonderful 8 by 4 inch bread pans from King Author flour. I had read, that if you used this size and created a foil collar to allow the bread to rise above the pans the bread would turn out beautifully. So I gave it a try...and it worked!

So my method was this: I make the dough using the recipe on the bag. I don't use the mixer method, but I put all the ingredients in my bread machine and set it on the dough setting. So I let the bread machine do the work. I don't run it through the whole setting, just the mixing part and  then transfer it into the 8 by 4 inch pan. I then create a 3 inch high foil collar. In order to keep the collar together I just staple it. I spray both the pan and foil collar with nonstick spray and then place the dough into the pan and cover with towel. Let rise for an hour and then bake as directed. This is the best bread!

After the bread is cooled I slice it and freeze it for whenever it is needed.

Another type of flour blend I find useful is the baking blend. I use if to make a wonderful waffle that I freeze for breakfasts. They also have a recipe for a coffee cake. 

So my sister also gave me a good idea. Ordering this flour from Amazon. With Amazon Prime the shipping is free and the cost is the cheapest. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Dill Story

Beginning the Abstract Journey