A Colorful Triptych


Several months back I painted the large middle part of this triptych, but thought, it needs something. I knew the wall I wanted to hang it on and it was a large wall. So, it was back to the drawing board to add two more parts to this colorful piece. Matching the colors and style was a bit difficult, but with a bit of trial and error it didn't turn out all that bad. 

These type of paintings are all about the color of the paint. This style appeals to me, because it isn't about the exact replica of an object, but about the color and texture and movement of the paint. I want to pursue more of these this year, particularly some abstract landscape. Painting simply, with large blocks of color will be the goal. 

Karen Hale is wonderful abstract artist who has some interesting landscapes. I enjoy her use of color, texture and simple shapes. The beauty of this type of work is worth the study, and study I hope to do in the near future. This type of painting catches my eye. I am not interested in copying the landscape, I can do that with my camera, but hopefully to capture the mood and feeling of the scene with broad simple strokes. This is usually what I see when I come upon a landscape and what I want to bring home with me.

The canvases I buy when they are on sale at 50% off. You don't need to frame them, just paint the sides, so they can be hung without further cost. I have a variety of sizes waiting for me to get with it...hopefully there will be at least a painting a week, or more for the next several months...hopefully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint