Enjoying the Glimpse of Spring



I love March down South. The days are getting longer, flowers are starting to pop up all over the yard, (even though some are weeds), and seeds can be planted in flats. I go about trying to uncover my gardens and planning to plant far too much for me ever to take care of.  But I love the smells herbs can bring and I love how they can change an ordinary dish into something spectacular. I love growing flowers that can also be used for medicine. The coming of Spring is a magical time.



  I forgot where I purchased it, but sometime in the winter I saw this garden stool. Anyone who has weeded knows that the back can only take so many hours of weeding.  This week I took this collapsible stool out of its box and gave it a try. Perfect! Weeding can be therapeutic if one is comfortable. There is a sense of accomplishment when the garden is exposed after being covered by weeds all winter. This stool has pockets for tools, is small enough to fit in confined places and can be collapsed for easy storage. Nice; many hours of weeding ahead


While weeding my driveway garden this week I noticed the first Louisiana Iris blooming and my daffodils also starting. Spring brings so many colors into our lives that I missed over the winter.  During the Christmas, my children bought me a large herb tower.  These past weeks I have been adding layers slowly, along with plants.  I amazed how many plants this tower can hold, and how much dirt can fill it.  I haven't quite arrived at the top yet, getting close and still adding herbs. The garden stores are just getting in their plants, so I am waiting for other varieties to add to my wonderful herb garden.  Can't wait to take a picture during the summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint