Taking Time to Smell the Roses

I love gardening for many reasons: it's great exercise, you can eat what you grow, many plants do double duty as medicine, and many flowers and herbs smell heavenly!
Most of the things I like to grow are edible or medicinal, but if I do grow flowers I want them to smell. It is too bad that many of our flowers, including the wonderful rose, have had the smell bread out of them. The favorite saying is: take time to SMELL the roses!
First, take the time to slow down in your busy life. This is so important in our tired and wired world we now live in. Sit down in a beautiful place, near beautiful smelling flowers, and breath in deeply. Relax!
Secondly, smell. It is one of our five senses, and there is something therapeutic about certain lovely smells. So I take the time to grow beautifully smelling flowers, like roses and violets and narcissus. And then I take the time to enjoy them. It's good for you! It really is!

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint