The Love of an Iris

I first met a Louisiana Iris when walking near a swampy area with my first ever boyfriend Mike. He was a sweet Cajun soul who when he saw my face light up at the site of this lone iris in the middle of the swamp, decided he would wade out and get it for me. And that he did. I took it home and my mom planted it near our patio and it multiplied each year so that after awhile we had a large patch of them to enjoy. 

Skip ahead a few decades and I have my own large patch to enjoy. It is stunning this year after a long winter. I must have over 50 blooms to gaze upon and photograph...and paint...I will paint them hopefully this week. Below is a collage I did to celebrate their beauty. I hope you love them as I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint