Thinking of Fall


It has been a very busy summer, but unfortunately not with much painting practice. As my life settles down, just a little, I am finding new times to fit in a little painting. Life never takes paths that you would expect, there are always curves and bumps and detours, but thankfully, you adjust, find new paths, and move forward. I hope to do that with my painting in the next few weeks...I hope to move forward with brush in hand. 

In the painting above, a subject I hope to revisit, because there is much to explore, not only in re-adjusting the color, but in capturing the glow in the water, is a first attempt at some fall inspiration. This picture is a snippet of what is out my mom's back door in the month of November. I little swampy at times and a little rough and choppy at others, but the colors keep calling me back. One Fall I captured this scene all so beautiful in its bronze glory, but alas, I lost those pictures in a computer crash. It is the bane of the computer age, no negatives to fall back on. Nothing left of that Fall, but a memory of how beautiful it all was. While looking through some other Novembers I spent up there, I did find a few pictures, but none so striking. Until I can get up there again, not this year due to my first grandchild to be born, I will paint from memory and these few pictures.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint