A Baby Layette Set

The first grand-baby  is only a couple of weeks away from entering into this world. I have been spending a little of my time learning how to knit booties and mittens and hats and my first sweater! I continue to love knitting. There is something very soothing working stitch after stitch and watching the pattern progress. I love working with the colorful wool, live wool. I can feel the difference in the garment when I work with wool as compared to acrylic. It sounds weird, but the garments seem dead-like when I use man-made yarns. The website WEBS has become my new best friend when it comes to finding something pretty and alive to work with.

Now that I got my first sweater out of the way, albeit a small one, I can't wait to create one for me. There is a course I want to finish, one I found on Craftsy that teaches about how to knit and fit a sweater to a particular person. After that course, I will put my hand to creating a sweater for me...well, after a few more projects. Probably not till after Christmas?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint