Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
What is Valentine's day without a little Card making and gift making as well? I broke out my card making supplies again, hardly got them put away for Christmas, and found my heart stamps and went at it. This February I bought a new heart edger, as seen in the cards above, and a nifty little gadget that lets you make envelopes to match your cards. I used my fifty percent off coupon at Micheal's and it only cost me $10. In my next post I will show how easy and wonderful this gadget really is...

Along with my cards I also sewed up some lavender filled hanging hearts. I think I saw these cute hearts almost a year ago and went hunting for embellishments to glue onto them, so my supplies were ready when "The Day" came around to assemble them. Just cut out two heart shapes, sew wrong sides together leaving a small gap, fill with lavender flowers (I used a thin canning tool for this), hand sew up the seam, and embellish away with lace, buttons, flowers and ribbon. I used glue to add the embellishments, but you could be a bit more particular and sew them on before assembling your heart. On the back I glued a ribbon or lace and glued on cute buttons on top of ribbon ends to finish it all off. It really is amazing what you can do with glue! And might I say, these smell heavenly!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint