Knitted Shawls


YES! I finally finished my first shawl! These are now my knitting obsession, not only because they are beautiful, fun to knit, but they are lovely to wear over sleeveless dresses at church or out to a dinner date. This was my fourth try. One of my shawls I got all the way to the end and I was trying a new binding off method, accidentally slipped a stitch, and the it all began to unravel. Oh the frustration! 

I have bought some wonderful colors of yarn to try my hand at a few more designs. There are two books by Jen Lucas that have some easy to follow instructions on making what she calls Sock Yarn Shawls. All 15 shawls in each book are beautiful; I could spend the year making each one. These books are so worth the price if you are interested in the journey of knitting shawls. If it weren't for the fact that you have to block the shawl after washing it each time, I would love to give them as gifts. In the picture above I am blocking it on my carpeted floor in my office. It is amazing how different the shawl looks after this process. Using pins, you dampen the finished shawl and stretch it out into any shape you want. This one is a triangular knitted shawl.

I wore it to church for the first time this past Sunday. After I finish a baby blanket I am working on, it is off to start a new shawl in a brilliant blue....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint