Cooking for Christmas--Anise Seed Cookies

Anise Seed Cookies

When I set out a plate of cookies, of course I want them to taste good, but I also want the plate to be colorful as well. These cookies are one of my favorite, because they not only taste like licorice, but they are one of the only white cookies I bake. One day I will upload a picture of a plate of cookies I might set out for guests, but for now if you want to bake up a batch of these here is the recipe:

2 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 1/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of anise seeds

Beat eggs and sugar together for 20 minutes with an electric mixer at low speed. Add the anise seeds and gradually stir in the flour. Drop by 1 teaspoon on parchment paper sized to fit your cookie sheet. Let stand uncovered overnight or for 8 hours. Bake in 325 degree oven until light yellow in color: about 7-9 minutes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint