Beginning the Abstract Journey

Abstract 001
Experimenting with abstracts is another resolution of mine for 2014. During the month of December, while Micheal's had their nice canvas panels for 60% off I collected a few to try my hand at creating abstracts. I have toyed with creating them for years: collecting books, watching YouTube for hours, and doing "little" ones when I had extra paint on the palette. So yesterday I took the plunge and got out my largest canvas and began my journey. 

OK...I'm hooked! I have to thank all the many artists who post art lessons on line. One artist has posted many detailed tutorials: Micheal Lang. I took one of his ideas and created this piece. If you are interested in creating abstracts of your own his YouTube videos are well worth the time to watch. It is wonderful to learn the many techniques each artist brings to their work. Lord willing, I will try many of them this year...painting abstracts is not as easy as it looks...just say'in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint