Homemade Body Powder

Homemade Body Powder

I love a good powder after a shower. Here in the South, with all the humidity, I don't feel clean without it, even in winter. Not only do I want my powder free of chemicals and all natural, I want it to smell good too. So what better way than to infuse it with herbs? Here is a recipe that does just that.

2 cups of cornstarch, arrowroot powder or baking soda (or a combination)
1 cup of white kaolin clay or white cosmetic clay.
1 cup of powdered lavender flowers, or a combination of lavender flowers and leaves

Combine all of the above in a quart mason jar and let it infuse for 72 hours. Then pour into a container where you can sprinkle it on. I found these great metal containers with plastic lids at Macy's. You can see what they look like in the picture above. Usually they are used to sprinkle powdered sugar or cocoa. I find them perfect for body powder. This container will sprinkle just the powder and leave the larger pieces of lavender flowers behind. 

A good appliance to have on hand is a coffee grinder used just for your herbs. Many recipes call for powdered herbs and so a dedicated coffee grinder works well for this job. As much as I love the smell of coffee, I don't like all my herbs smelling like coffee as well.

This recipe, after all ingredients are gotten, takes only a few minutes. Again, Mountain Rose Herbs will have anything on the list. I have found I love the smell of lavender so much, and it really does relax me, that I keep a bag of lavender flowers around to put in many recipes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint