My Tea Cabinet

Tea Time. A relaxing time. A time where, during the day, you can take a breath and regroup.

Today,I was forced to stay home because my son James is working on his car and needed to go to work. I spent the morning doing a load of clothes, started a loaf of bread, harvested several bunches of peppermint, and dried lots of sage. For dinner I went out into the garden and picked lots of thyme to make a lemon/thyme roasted chicken with heritage carrots. 

And as the chicken was cooking I decided to put together several tea recipes that have muddled around in my brain. For months I have been collecting herbs to make some of these creations. I will look around on the internet for ingredients in the various teas out there, wrote them down and then tried to combine these ingredients in a pleasing way. I wrote out my findings as I was creating, taste the creation, and then make adjustments. The following recipes are what I came up with:

Hibiscus Tea
A tangy tea with lots of vitamin C
2/3 cup Hibiscus flowers
2 Tablespoons rose hips
1/3 cup lemongrass
1 2/3 cup rose petals
1/2 cup lemon balm
1/4 cup orange peel

Dream Tea
A good tea to sip in the evenings to help one relax and fall asleep.
1 1/2 cup peppermint leaf
2 1/2 cup chamomile
2/3 cup gotu kola
2/3 cup damiana leaf
1/2 cup rose petals
1/3 cup mugwort

Peace Tea
A good tea to help with nerves and anxiety.
2 cups camomile
2 cups spearmint
2/3 cup lavender
1/3 cup sweet cinnamon chips
2/3 cup passion flower
2/3 cup rose petals

Memory Tea
These are ingredients that help energize you and wake you up.
1 cup ginkgo leaf
1 cup gotu kola
2 cups peppermint leaf
1/3 cup rosemary
2/3 red clover
2/3 ginger root 

All herbs can be bought at Mountain Rose Herbs or grown in you garden!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint