Herbal Wreaths


I have spent many hours this week building a stone herbal shelf. Those stones are sure heavy! But the rains have made it difficult to keep at the task long. My herbs are taking over their place and so I thought it would be fun to create some herbal wreaths. They look so pretty when freshly created, but I know as they dry...not so much, but they will smell wonderful still. 

For these wreaths I used a green metal frame for the base. I cut lots of herbs, and using floral tape wrapped up bundles that I arranged on the wire frame. Once I liked the look, using 24 gauge floral wire, I wrapped the bundles one at a time working around the wreath starting at about 3:00. Martha Stewart recommended one continuous wire wrap. This eliminated multiple wire cuts and made the process very easy. I'm looking forward to hanging these around the kitchen and maybe even using the herbs in my winter cooking.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint