Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards

Happy 2014! My first post and it is on Christmas Cards...

I know many people make fun of the annual Christmas cards sent out each year and the letter that goes with them, but I am a sucker for a tradition that has been in my family for at least a generation or two. There have been a few years here and there where I have missed sending them out, but for the most part the letter is written, the picture is taken, and recently: the cards are hand made.

As as artist who can resist all those beautiful stamps, ribbons, brads and glitter? I certainly can't! So on top of my office turning into Santa's Workshop it turns into a card factory too. Some things I find helpful when making cards: Buy them now! All kinds of stores, like Micheals and Office Depot, and online sources are trying to get rid of cards and envelopes. So think ahead and stock up for next year. There is a little online store called Just Brads and Eyelets that sells the cutest Christmas brads at this time of year real cheap. Also, throughout the year, each week in fact, Micheals has a coupon for 50% of one item. I will go in and use this coupon app and get one item real cheap. The trick is, to only get one item, or look for other special at 60-75 percent off. Hobby Lobby does the same thing. It is amazing how many craft items you can gather for cards during the year. And when the time comes for a project...you are ready.

Take pictures of your work too and upload them to a special folder on your computer. You will be surprised at the inspiration you get by browsing these pictures after a year or two. So, happy card making! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint