A Bit of Fall Color


The weather here in Louisiana has been perfect for putting in a few flowers for fall and winter color. These flowers will even last well into May. The summer months are so miserable that gardening becomes a chore, but the fall? Well, these months are made for gardening. Besides flowers you can grow lettuce, tomatoes, brocoli, cabbage, and all kinds of herbs. We here down South love our fall gardens.





 





May favorite flower to grow during this time is the viola. Not only will it flower and flower for fall, winter and spring, it smells heavenly too. We have all but bread all the smell out of most flower, but not this little beauty! They now come in all kinds of colors, from bright yellow,lavenders, purples and oranges.

Doesn't this cute little pot with yellow flowers make the cutest patio table topper? I fill all kinds of pots with these flowers and distribute them around my back patio and front garden. This year I even planted a whole row of them in my front garden instead of pansies. For some reason, pansies don't do well for me. They always seem a bit leggy and I get few blooms, so I will give these high producing plants a try this year. Of course in the back row of the garden I plan snap dragons for my tall row of color. They will bloom once in the fall and again in the spring.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint