Continuing the Watercolor Journey

The Lone Tree

This picture was taken in 2010 during our trip to the Grand Canyon. I had just dropped off the boys to do their "little day hike" down to the canyon floor and then up again. It was early morning around 5:30 or 6:00 and I became fascinated by the changing light as the sun rose above the canyons. The sky was full of pinks and lavenders reflected off the canyons and the shadows were a deep burgundy color. The picture I took did not at all come out the way I wanted, but I remembered all those colors as I painted. Hiking around the canyon one would come across all these knarly trees beatifully sculpted by the harsh weather. I love this scene so much, I know I will revisit it many times. This is just the first of many paintings. This week I found a wonderful water-colorist in the UK who gives lessons online and I will be adding those to my already packed schedule. There are just so many wonderful ways to paint, it is hard to settle on just one medium!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint