Ink and Wash

Painted Desert Inn


One area that I will explore more is pen and watercolor wash. This method seems to go best with architectural subjects, but I have seen wonderful results when people do this with landscapes. It has a beautiful sketchbook quality which I find appealing. This is my first experiment. I took this picture a couple of years ago when we went on our first trip out West. I fell in love with the colors and simple lines of this photograph and always thought it would make a nicer painting. I think it did. This style has given me a new appreciation for architecture as a subject, and I will be taking more pictures for future paintings. There are hundreds of landscapes I would like to try from pictures taken throughout the years. God has given no end of subject matter for art!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint