Grand Canyon in Acrylics

Grand Canyon Morn

I thought I would give this painting a try in Acrylics. There is much to love about acrylics. I love being able to paint over them until I get the desired affect. In oils the paint dries too slow and when I want to redo something the results are a bit mud-like. There is something to be said for laying down a stroke of paint and leaving it, but I am not that good yet. I lay down strokes, take them away, lay down some more and cover them up and...well, you get the idea. I am still at that phase where I don't know the medium yet and am not sure what it will do, or how far I can push it. Even though oils dry slow this can be a good thing too. I love the way you can blend them together in slight ways to gain wonderful smooth transitions. This is harder to do in Acrylics. Anyway, I like the result of this painting. This 9 x 12 painting took me over 10 hours.  I am so slow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint