Seascape #1


This is my favorite way to paint: loose, bold strokes and a simple composition. I find it hard to accomplish though. By nature, I focus way too much on details. I think the genious in painting is to paint your object in as few strokes as possible with bold lines and in so doing you create the illusion of the object and let the viewer fill in the details. Again, this is very hard to do, but what I am aiming for in my landscapes. This painting idea came from a painter in San Francisco. I had extra paint on my pallette one day and quickly gave it a go...my canvas had an underpainting of a yellow that also was extra paint one day...so I decided to paint two small canvases with it. I find this is a good way to paint because now you are not trying to fill up the whole canvas, you can leave a little of that color shining through in your painting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint