Death Valley Abstract

Photograph taken in Death Valley, 2011

This is not a painting yet, though I think it begs to be painted. When I see things like this, I take a picture, knowing I won't be happy until I do paint it. The photo is nice, but a painting is better. I have hundreds of such shots begging to be put on canvas. It is now time to try.
 
 
I was going through various painters blogs recently and one caught my eye. Looking at his paintings, I say, "Now that is how I would like to paint--how ever does he do it?" He lives in Vermont, but i would love to visit and take a course or two. But then I think, "Can you teach abstract art? Or is it just a "part" of you?"
 
 
Here is his link and an example of his work:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can't help it! I love the abstract quality, color and expressive brush strokes in his work---beautiful!
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint