Taco Pie, a Mexican Treat

Taco Pie

 
Taco Pie has been a family favorite of mine growing up. I am not sure where this quick dinner originated, but I keep bringing it back into my family's life when we want a little Mexican treat. Here is a rough recipe. I say rough, because it all depends what size pie you want to make and really, how much of each ingredient you would like to add. With each layer of this pie, I just keep adding the ingredient until it covers the pie circle. So here goes...

Taco Pie
1 pound of ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
sour cream
salsa
grated cheese (choose the cheese of your choice)
crescent rolls
fritos

Brown ground beef and then add taco seasoning according to package directions. Line the pie plate with the instant crescent rolls. Crush some of the fritos and line the bottom of the pie plate. Add the cooled ground beef and then on top add a layer of sour cream, then salsa, then grated cheese and top with some more crushed fritos. Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint