The Potter's Shed

A Gardener's Tools


I love gardening. I love getting my hands in the soil. I love potting plants. I love the potter's shed where one can go and be away from it all, and plant a few dreams. There is something beautiful about the tools, the pots, and all the extra's that I collect in hopes of using them "one day."
Today I spent a couple of hours potting up some herbs for fall use: a little mint, some rosemary, chives, and even some lavendar. I haven't had much luck with lavendar, but I keep trying. I read somewhere that if you add gravel to the soil, since lavendar likes dry, rocky soil, you will have better luck with mold. Mold seems to get my plants each time. Or I think its mold.

 
I dream of building a real shed/workshop/painting area one day and so my present shed has a collection of various items I have picked up over the years in hopes of using them in my new place. I also hope to build a small kitches garden in my backyard, there really is room! While visiting my mom, who lives near Williamsburg, I look at their wonderful gardens--and plan.

Williamsburg has the most beautiful English kitchen gardens and they have some wonderful things the consumers can buy. Like these cloches to the right and the herb clay pots above. Each time I go for a visit I pick up a few more for my collection. One day I will post some pictures I took while up there.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint