A Trial in Expressive Brushstrokes and Waves

Pounders Beach, Hawaii

 
 
It is a wonderful new day where we can learn to paint using some wonderful websites. This past few months I have been using one done by Richard Robinson. He is an artist who lives in New Zealand and for a small fee you have access to his monthly workshops. Each month he has a new skill for us to try. He will paint a painting for us and provide a video of this along with reference material and pictures. Then we upload our paintings for others to critique and we get to see how others painted. This month we are working on a scene from Hawaii and our skill is how to vary our brushstrokes to add interest to a painting. For me another challenge is painting waves! I have never painted waves thus far and so I spent a week or so watching various artist paint waves... and then I took the plunge. My goal for my work is to be able to paint landscapes in a impressionistic-abstract style. I want it to be very loose. I want to create an image that you know is a landscape, but leave as much information out that I can--thus the abstract part. I am not as loose yet as I would like to be, so I will continue work towards that goal....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint