A Walk Through Yosemite Valley

The Yosemite we saw the day we were there was cloudy and full of threatening storms, but the grass seemed to have a glow about it bathed in the pre-storm light. There was a meadow walk that had you meandering through the grasses towards a bridge over the Merced River. It reminded me of home a bit with the marshes. The river was not  rushing so much here, but still and quiet.





Yosemite Valley

The hardest part about painting large spaces is what to do with it to make it interesting. I cut the meadow short because of it and regret it, but I just couldn't figure how to break it up. Maybe one day, after many hours of doing landscapes and studying thousounds of paintings....


This month, with my online painting group, we are doing a seascape scene. I have been watching videos and trying to get up the nerve to give it a try. All that green and white and movement!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of a Well Crafted Sermon

My Love for Mint